Bard College Berlin, A Liberal Arts University invites applications for an
The Assistant Registrar is responsible for all administrative duties related to student records and class enrollment at the College. S/He takes responsibility for the accuracy and integrity of student records in the database and ensures all student fulfill their degree requirements. In addition, the Assistant Registrar is responsible for further administrative duties related to the daily running of academic programs. The Assistant Registrar reports to the College Registrar and works in close collaboration with the Dean of the College.
Qualifications required for the position:
- Very comfortable with changing information technology, able to develop processes and utilize technology to increase efficiencies.
- Very comfortable working with numbers and basic statistics.
- Solid organizational skills and a demonstrated attention to detail and ability to check one’s work.
- Effective negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent English. Working knowledge of German desirable.
- A degree or at least 2-3 years of work experience or training in information technology or database systems.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Manage course registration and add/drop processes.
- Student advising regarding study and exam regulations, including creating and maintaining progress reports.
- Grade and record keeping.
- Preparation of enrollment statistics for the Amt für Statistik each semester, and pulling other enrollment data as needed.
- Issuing of transcripts, certificates, diplomas, enrollment verifications etc.
- Preparation of graduation materials in the Spring semester.
- Management of course and program evaluations.
- Coordination of moderation and senior thesis processes.
- Update the relevant sections of the website, including formatting and uploading syllabi.
- Taking minutes at academic committee meetings as needed.
The position is full-time. The applicant should be prepared to begin as soon as possible.
Applications including CV, cover letter, and contacts of 2 references should be sent to email@example.com with “Assistant Registrar” in the subject line (email with pdf-attachments only). Review of applications will begin immediately and the position is open until filled. Please direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job URL: http://www.berlin.bard.edu/about-us/employment/assistant-registrar/
Bard College Berlin is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or age.
Bard College Berlin is a private German-American nonprofit university. It offers German and US BA degrees in Economics, Politics, and Social Thought, and in the Humanities, Arts, and Social Thought. With its challenging interdisciplinary curriculum, students from more than forty different countries, and a world-class teaching faculty, Bard College Berlin provides a range and depth of education that is unique.