The Educational Committee of the International Commission of Military History (ICMH) invites PhD students to take part in a workshop for young scholars who are still working on or have recently completed their PhD thesis on a topic related to the title above. The purpose of the workshop is to give young scholars the opportunity of discussing their projects with peers as well as experienced colleagues from over 40 countries. The workshop forms part of the annual meeting of the International Commission of Military History, which will take place under the auspices of the Bulgarian Commission of Military History in Sofia from 19 to 23 August 2019.
We will consider proposals on the following themes:
- Wars and conflicts after the armistice of 1918
- Military aspects of the peace settlements of 1919
- The role of the military in peaceful or violent disputes after 1918
- The development of the military in the immediate afterwar period
- Civil wars and border disputes following the Great War
- Diplomatic negotiations after the signing of the various peace treaties
- Civil-military relations in the aftermath of the war
For further details, see the official congress website:
and the website of the International Commission of Military History (ICMH):
Please send your proposal to the President of the Educational Committee of ICMH, Dr. Michael Olsansky (email@example.com).
Entry deadline: 29 April 2019
Proposals must include a summary of your paper as well as an academic CV. The Educational Committee will support PhD students with a travel grant of up to 250 Euros. Accommodation at the conference hotel will be at a discounted rate. PhD students will have to pay a congress fee of 150 Euros.