The ESSHC Women and Gender network invites proposals for individual papers and sessions (3-4 speakers, a chair and a commentator) focusing on interconnections between women, gender and risk in human histories and experiences. We would like to discuss the following issues during our forthcoming conference:
- How gender impacts experiences of risk for different categories of people in human history;
- How do we use theory & methods in times of stress and what role do historians play;
- Need to revisit the figure of learning from history: gender, education and workplace;
- Gender-based violence in situations of crisis;
- Women and epidemic/epidemiology;
- Global and Asian perspectives on epidemics, women’s work and situations of crisis;
- Evaluation of women researcher’s work;
- Women’s movements and their roles in crisis;
- Women’s Labour: triple burden?
- Gender-sensitive management of crisis situations;
- Gender-sensitive response to risk.
The Women and Gender network encourages global and comparative perspectives on gender and risk.
Please, send your proposals by 15 May 2021 at pre-registering on the ESSHC website here: https://esshc.iisg.amsterdam/en/esshc-conference-2022.
The Fourteenth European Social Science History Conference is organized by the International Institute of Social History in cooperation with the University of Gothenburg.