We are pleased to announce that nominations are now open for the Mark Pittaway Article Prize.
Nominations of excellent pieces written by promising young scholars are especially encouraged.
Nominations must be received no later than July 15, 2022 (self-nominations are welcome). To nominate an article, please email a copy or link to the article to each Committee member (see below for email addresses).
Submissions should be clearly marked “Mark Pittaway Article Prize Nomination” and should also include the author’s contact information.
RULES OF ELIGIBILITY
- The competition is open to works in any discipline, dealing with any aspect of Hungarian studies.
- The nominated piece must be a full-length scholarly article published in 2020 or 2021.
- Authors may be of any nationality as long as the work is originally published in English.
- Articles that have received other prizes are eligible.
- Strong preference will be given to works by first-time authors and junior scholars early in their careers
2022 HUNGARIAN STUDIES ASSOCIATION PRIZE COMMITTEE
Katalin Cseh-Varga (Committee Chair), Academy of Fine Arts Vienna
Borbala Zsuzsanna Török, University of Vienna, Institute for Austrian Historical Research
John Cox, North Dakota State University
For any questions regarding the prize or nominations process, please feel free to contact the Committee Chair, Katalin Cseh-Varga.