Central European University Vienna
The Department of Medieval Studies at the Central European University is pleased to announce its call for applications for graduate programs offering tuition waivers and scholarships for most students.
- 1-year MA in Late Antique, Medieval and Early Modern Studies (10 months, 12-14 students admitted / year)
- 2-year MA in Comparative History: Late Antique, Medieval and Renaissance Studies in collaboration with the Department of History (20 months, 10-12 students / year)
- PhD in Late Antique, Medieval and Early Modern Studies (3 to 6 years, 5-6 students / year)
- 2-year MA in Cultural Heritage Studies (although part of the Department of Medieval Studies, this truly global and interdisciplinary program, is not exclusively focused on the Middle Ages
We provide comparative and multi-disciplinary postgraduate education on all aspects of the history and culture of the time period between c.300 and c.1600, including the following fields of study:
- Art history
- Eastern Christianity
- Environmental and landscape studies
- Hagiography and religious studies
- Late Antique and Byzantine studies
- Manuscript studies and paleography
- Material culture studies
- Medieval Judaism
- Ottoman studies
- Philosophy and theology
- Political history and political thought
- Social and economic history
- Urban history
CEU is an English-language private university located in Vienna, and accredited both in Austria and the United States. It was founded with a mission, educating free minds for a free society. This mission is now more urgent than ever. The courses and training for our master’s and doctoral programs, with US and Austrian accreditation, are on offer to all incoming students at our new campus in Vienna, Austria.
Most of our students receive financial aid packages, including scholarships with stipends and accommodation. Research grants are also available for all students. The deadline to apply for admission for the 2021-22 academic year is February 1, 2021 at 23:59 CET.
More information about the application process can be found at: https://medievalstudies.ceu.edu/. Interested applicants can contact us at email@example.com. Ms. Csilla Dobos will also be happy to answer any further questions you may have. She can be contacted at Dobos@ceu.edu.