The Institute of Czech Literature of the Czech Academy of Sciences (ICL) announces an open call for external and internal candidates to apply to the Program for the Support of Perspective Human Resources – Financial Support for Postdoctoral Students at the Czech Academy of Sciences (PPLZ).
Candidates must hold a PhD or equivalent, having defended their dissertation within the last two years. This does not include parental or maternity leave, or any time spent on long-term study stays abroad. However, the maximum time between the defence of the PhD (or Dr, or equivalent) and application to the program is 4 years.
Successful applicants who are granted support by the Czech Academy of Sciences under the auspices of the Program for the Support of Perspective Human Resources will become employees of the ICL on 1 July 2021, remaining so for the period specified by the approved research project. The candidate will submit a research project for assessment that is designed to be completed within 24 (or 18, or 12) months at a workload of 1.0 FTE (this workload may be reduced in some cases – particularly in order to accommodate childcare – but may not fall below 0.5 FTE). Research projects will be evaluated for level of professional competence, compliance with current projects or scholarly interests of research teams, as well as with the primary field of research at the ICL (broadly understood as Czech literary studies and literary theory), overlap of the project with similar research abroad, and current involvement of the candidate in international communication.
To be considered for the program, an application must contain the following:
- structured professional curriculum vitae (including personal info, education, an overview of previous employment and teaching experience; research activities, including grants; stays abroad and acquired professional experience; other data)
- list of professional activities (publications, participation in conferences, etc.)
- title and general work program of the project the candidate will be working on, including project timeline (maximum of 3 standard pages, or 5,400 characters with spaces)
- letter of motivation
- copy of diploma showing the candidate’s successful completion of the doctoral degree
Send all required documents to email@example.com no later than 11 April 2021. Applications will be considered by the selection committee and ICL Council. Selected projects will be submitted to an academic competition organized by the Academic Council of the Czech Academy of Sciences, which will decide whether or not to grant financial support.
The ICL reserves the right not to select any projects submitted for the academic competition.
- 11 April 2021 deadline for receipt of applications
- 18 April 2021 completion of selection process by the ICL selection committee
- 30 April 2021 completion of selection process by the ICL Council and submission of selected applications to the academic competition
- 1 July 2021 start of the PPLZ project (in case of successful application)
By replying to this announcement or sending your CV or any other personal materials to the Institute of Czech Literature, you consent to the processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the protection of personal data. This consent is valid until revoked in writing.