Dr. Anna Hofmann
Focus 2018: Transnational and Regional Dynamics
Europe’s neighbourhood has experienced armed conflict, political transition and authoritarian restoration along with profound social and economic change. These transformation processes with deep historical roots have usually resulted from an interplay of domestic and transnational actors and factors. In order to reveal their complexity, a view through a transnational and regional lens can be rewarding: Which interdependences – past and present – are constitutive for the neighbouring regions of the European Union? How can we study transnational influences and effects on change in Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the MENA region? How to distinguish and take into account factors of change across national borders and social boundaries? To which extent do these factors shape political, social and economic realities in these regions?
The scholarship programme “Trajectories of Change” addresses historical and current transformation processes in the European neighbourhood. It offers stipends and fieldwork grants for Ph.D. students in the humanities and social sciences. For 2018, research applications dealing with transnational and regional dynamics of transformation are especially welcome.
The programme offers flexible funding schemes for Ph.D. students at various stages of their dissertation research as well as for graduate students in the phase of Ph.D. project development:
- Ph.D. Scholarships
- Dissertation Completion Scholarships
- Pre-Doctoral Research Grants
- Fieldwork Grants
- Applicants must be Ph.D. students of social sciences or humanities. Prospective Ph.D. students can apply for Pre-Doctoral Research Grants.
- Deadline 31 July 2018 for a stipend or grant starting starting in late 2018 or early 2019
- Please apply online at www.trajectories-of-change.de with Ph.D. proposal and two references.