The Lehmann-Haupt International Doctoral Program is a joint project between Ilia State University Tbilisi (ISU) and Georg-August-University of Göttingen (UGOE) that gives the participating Ph.D. students the opportunity to pursue their doctoral projects within a structured Cotutelle-based framework. The Ph.D. students will undergo supervision and conduct doctoral studies at ISU in Tbilisi/Georgia and UGOE in Göttingen/Germany. Upon successful completion of the doctoral project doctoral degrees from the Georg-August-University of Göttingen (UGOE) and Ilia State University (ISU) can be obtained on the basis of only one single dissertation.
One scholarship is announced in the discipline Religious and Cultural Studies.
The proposed research topics are:
1. The History and Theology of German Settlements in Georgia (Focus on German Protestant Theology)
2. The Coexistence of the Christian and Muslim Community in Georgian Context (Focus on interreligious Dialogue)
3. The Social Role of the Georgian Orthodox Church (Focus on social and political Context)
The supervisors are:
- Prof. Malkhaz Songulashvili (ISU)
- Prof. Martin Tamcke (UGOE)