Prof. Eli Salzberger
in German and European Studies
University of Haifa
The Haifa Center for German and European Studies (HCGES) at the University of Haifa seeks to fill a post-doc position for one year, starting on October 2019. This search is open for all sub-fields of contemporary European and German Studies (e.g. the humanities, social sciences, law, education, etc.).
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree at the time of hire, demonstrate an active research program and output, indicating the potential for outstanding scholarship. The Post-doc researcher is expected to conduct individual research leading to publications, to integrate into the research program and other projects of the HCGES as well as potentially teach one course during the term of the fellowship.
The recruitment and appointment procedures will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University of Haifa and are subject to the approval of the university authorities. The university is not obliged to appoint any of the candidates who apply for the position.
The amount of the scholarship is 69,000 NIS for the whole period of the post-doctoral training (12 month).
Electronic applications should include the following documents (each in a separate file) in English and be sent to the academic coordinator of the HCGES, Katharina Konarek, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications
- Names, addresses and email addresses of three potential referees
- PhD Certificate of Proof of PhD Completion
- Scientific biography outlining research and teaching interests and research plans for the forthcoming years
- List of course proposals and teaching evaluations, if available
- A cover letter stating the motivations and willingness to take the position, starting October 2019.
- Up to 3 publications
DEADLINE: 30 April 2019
For further inquiries please contact the director of the HCGES, Prof. Eli Salzberger, email@example.com and check out the Postdoctoral Portal of the University of Haifa