The Anchoring Innovation research program of the Dutch classicists is hiring a tenure-track research fellow / assistant professor of Classics at Leiden University, scheduled to start January 1, 2022.
We ask that:
- You hold a PhD in Classics (or a closely related discipline with excellent command of the languages Latin and/or Greek) and an MPhil or (Research)MA in Classics;
- You are aware of current issues, viewpoints and innovative methods within the field;
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a postdoctoral researcher or assistant professor;
- You are enthusiastic about collaborating across disciplinary boundaries, in both teaching and research, and about communicating with non-academic audiences;
- You have a research profile that fits within the Anchoring Innovation project and within LUCAS and a proven track record of excellent research commensurate with career stage;
- You have experience in teaching Greek and/or Latin, both at BA and (research) MA level, as demonstrated by teaching evaluations and a UTQ/BKO registration (or willingness to obtain the nationally standardized University Teaching Qualification within two years);
- You are a committed and inspiring teacher, with an inclusive approach to education and the ability to engage a diverse community of BA and (research) MA students;
- You are a clear communicator and team player and are willing to undertake organizational duties;
- You possess (near) native proficiency in the languages of instruction, Dutch and English (or willingness to master the relevant level of fluency in Dutch within two years, with time and funding being provided by the LUCAS institute).
We offer an initial appointment of 0.8 FTE (30.4 hours/week) as University Lecturer (Assistant Professor/Universitair Docent) for four years, starting on January 1st, 2022, with the possibility of permanent employment.
The salary is in accordance with the collective salary agreement of the Association of Dutch Universities (CAO) and depending on qualifications and experience. The gross monthly salary is € 3,746.- to € 5,127.- (scale 11) for a full working week, with the possibility of promotion to scale 12 (€ 4,538.- to € 5,826.-).
More information about this vacancy, including a more detailed job description, the selection criteria, and application guidelines, see the website of Leiden University via: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/vacatures/2021/q2/21-173-8624-research-fellow-university-lecturer-in-classics.
The deadline for application is May 21, 2021 and it is permitted to apply to both this position and the position of research fellow / assistant professor at Radboud University, Nijmegen.
For more information about the Anchoring Innovation program, go to: www.anchoringinnovation.nl.