The Global South Studies Center invites applications for a full-time position to support the establishment of a Cluster of Excellence in the field of human-environment relations.
- Researching and bringing together methods, theories and case studies in the field of human-environment relations from social sciences and humanities
- Writing of academic publications in the field of human-environmental relations
- Establishment and management of international scholarly networks, especially with the Global South
- Organisation of international workshops and conferences
- Scientific coordination of the working group
- Support of the PIs in the development of a Cluster of Excellence proposal
- A PhD in the relevant Social Science or Humanities
- A publication record in the field of human-environmental relations (political ecology, environmental humanities, ...), preferably with a focus on the Global South
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Preferably research experience in Africa, Asia or Latin America
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, team oriented and interested in continuing your professional development
- Motivated to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary research team
WE OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to engage in a thriving interdisciplinary center
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Flexible working time models
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
- Occupational health management offers
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from 01.04.2022 on a full-time basis. The position is to be filled for a fixed term until 31.12.2025.
If the necessary prerequisites required by tariff regulations as well as the sought-after personal qualifications are met, the salary will correspond to the pay grade 13 as specified in the States’Tariff Agreement (TVL).
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by email (in one pdf-file) with reference number wiss2201-05 to email@example.com.