The Center for the History of Emotions led by Prof. Dr Dr h.c. Ute Frevert has a vacant position for a
Student research assistant with 30 hours per month, starting date: 1 April 2023 (there may be the possibility of eventually increasing the position to 40 hours per month)
to support the research project “Stagnation of Feeling as a Political Problem. Insensibility, Indifference, and the British Public, c. 1780 to 1840” of Dr Kerstin Maria Pahl
- Bibliographical research, mostly of English primary and secondary sources
- Independent excerption of primary and secondary sources
- Sourcing of literature
- Support for event organization
- Enrolment as a student (PhD students are NOT eligible) in a Berlin or Brandenburg (county) university
- At least two study semesters in history, cultural studies or related field of study
- Interest in the history of emotions and cultural studies approaches in history
- Native English speaker. Basic German reading skills welcome, but not required
- High personal motivation. Ability to work independently. Attention to detail. Ability to meet deadline and to work without direct supervision, remote, and in a team
- Experience with formatting of footnotes and publisher’s style guides are desired
The salary is regulated by collective agreement and amounts to 12.00€/hour for bachelor and 13.95€/hour for master students.
To apply please send:
- A cover letter outlining why you think you are suitable for this position
- A copy of your curriculum vitae
- A copy of your high school diploma or equivalent (Abiturzeugnis)
- If available, BA certificate and evidence of academic achievement
- If available, Student enrolment certificate for the summer semester 2023
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Please send your applications by 6 February 2023 to Karola Rockmann, preferably by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach only one PDF file that contains all application documents. We are kindly asking you to submit your application without a photo.