The Academy of Sciences and Humanities in Göttingen is looking for
a research assistant (f/m/d)
for the project "Critical Complete Edition of the Writings and Letters of Andreas Bodenstein von Karlstadt (1486-1541)" in Göttingen, Germany, as of April 1, 2021.
The employment is limited to 36 months until 31 March 2024 (subject to the approval of funds). The remuneration is paid in accordance with E13 TV-L. The scope of the position is 100% (full-time). The position is not suitable for part-time work.
The DFG long-term project of the Karlstadtedition, headed by Prof Dr Thomas Kaufmann (Georg August University Göttingen), is dedicated to the most important publicist of the early Reformation after Luther. Karlstadt's ideas influenced dissident movements and the Reformation in Switzerland. His works will be edited plus a rudimentary correspondence in printed and digital form (hybrid edition). The project phase covers the years 1525-1541.
- independent edition of complete units including introduction, text constitution, collation, criticism, indexing, and register work
- text editing in MS-Word (with deep formatting), post-processing of edition units in XML (coding according to TEI scheme)
- research for texts and copies, possibly combined with archive trips
- close cooperation with colleagues, mutual proofreading of all edition units
- doctorate in theology (church history, especially the Reformation), history (with a focus on early modern or medieval history), German or Latin studies
- knowledge of Reformation history, good knowledge of Latin, competence in dealing with Early Modern High German texts is desirable
- interest in accurate editorial work
- confident use of MS-Office and tools for online research
- readiness to familiarise yourself with modern editing technologies (XML, TEI)
- ability to work in a team, commitment and organisational skills
Further information on the project is available at
Contact person for questions: Dr. Harald Bollbuck, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Academy strives to increase the proportion of women in those areas in which women are underrepresented and therefore expressly invites qualified women to apply. It also sees itself as family-friendly and promotes the compatibility of science/occupation and family. Severely disabled persons are given special consideration if they are suitably qualified.
Please send your detailed application in digital form by 04.12.2020 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Travel and application costs cannot be reimbursed.
We would like to point out that the submission of an application constitutes consent under data protection law to the processing of your application data by us. You can find more information on the legal basis and use of data at https://adw-goe.de/ueber-uns/datenschutzerklaerung/ .