Subject to approval and release of funds within the framework of the joint project on the history of Euroscepticism funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Hamburg Institute for Social Research (HIS) is seeking to fill
Two PhD Positions (f/m/d)
The positions are available as of 01.04.2021 and limited to a period of three years.
The project is based on a research collaboration between the HIS and the German Historical Institutes in Rome, London and Warsaw. The aim of this joint project is to investigate the historical roots of Euroscepticism in various European contexts from a transnational perspective. The two doctoral projects located at the HIS focus on right-wing nationalist criticism and on criticism of European integration in economic circles. In addition to working on an independent project, applicants are expected to support the organisation of international workshops and conferences.
Further information on the research group “Democracy and Statehood” can be found here.
- an above average master’s degree in history, sociology, political science, ethnology or a related subject
- experience in carrying out empirical research independently
- high proficiency in both written and spoken English; a good knowledge of another Western European language is an advantage; a good command of written and spoken German is desirable, but no ultimate requirement
Benefits of working with us:
- a remuneration comparable to salary group E13 TV-L (collective tariff agreement for the public sector) in accordance with our in-house tariff
- a budget for travel, books and other research related expenses geared to the needs of the research project
- the flexibility needed for a family-friendly arrangement of working hours
The Hamburg Institute for Social Research advocates diversity of perspectives and equal opportunities and strives for a balanced gender relationship in all areas.
Please send your application consisting of
- a cover letter,
- a curriculum vitae,
- certificates and transcripts of records,
- 2 academic references and
- an academic work sample,
all bundled in one PDF document, to email@example.com.
Should you have any questions with respect to this job advert, please do not hesitate to contact us at the e-mail address provided above.