The Higher School of Economics Center for Historical Research in St. Petersburg, the Russian Federation invites applications for postdoctoral research position in the field of Russian and Soviet history.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Professor Alexander Semyonov
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with taking part in the Center’s two research projects:
--imperial histories and breakup of empires in the region of Eastern Europe and Northern Eurasia
--comparative research on post-imperial political imaginaries in the region of Eastern Europe and Northern Eurasia
- taking part in the work of the consortium of the Higher School of Economics in St. Petersburg, University of Eastern Finland and Georg-August-Universität Göttingen dedicated to exploration of Post-imperial Diversities and Majority and Minority Relations
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed academic periodicals and contributing to collective volumes published by the research team
- teaching in the undergraduate and graduate programs of the department of history
- presentation of their research in academic conferences and seminar “Boundaries of History”
- participation in organization of academic events of the Center and other contribution to the development of the Center and Department of History
The Center offers access to its research resources and Richard Stites Memorial Historical Library collections.
- a Ph. D. from an international research university in the field of History;
- a strong background in theories and historiography of empire and nationalism;
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here (https://iri.hse.ru/faq_pd). Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form (https://www.hse.ru/expresspolls/poll/211481597.html) by February 15, 2018. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
For more information about HSE, please visit : Center for Historical Research or contact Vadim Popov at firstname.lastname@example.org directly.