A primary aim of the Chair in Slovak History and Culture is to foster, develop, and support Slovak studies in Canada and internationally, by encouraging research into Slovak history and culture in Europe and North America. This is done in part by offering scholarships and research bursaries for undergraduate and graduate students and established scholars, to support research work that leads to publications or the dissemination of results in other forms.
For 2023, the following Scholarship and Research Bursaries are opened:
- Adela and John Ridzon Memorial Scholarship and Research Bursary
- Imrich and Margita Stolarik Memorial Scholarship and Research Bursary
- Skladany-Repansky Family Scholarship and Research Fund in Slovak Studies
The deadline for all applications if February 28, 2023.
Please familiarize yourself with the terms of the award before applying.
If you wish to apply to any of the above-mentioned scholarships, see our simple steps to applying for scholarships and awards.
At any point, if you have any issues, don’t hesitate to contact the Financial Aid and Awards Service
55 Laurier Avenue East, Room 3156
Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5
Office hours (September 1 to May 31)
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
See wait times and secure a spot in our virtual line external link for all services.
Foreign Scholars should contact the chairholder Roman Krakovsky (firstname.lastname@example.org).