Katharina Kunter, Professor Contemporary Church History, University of Helsinki
Thursday 14 Oct. 2021 (all times UTC+2)
10:00–10:30: Katharina Kunter: Introduction
10:45–12:00: New primary sources and archives
Moderation: Stéphanie Roulin
- Eva Maurer: Does religion even matter? Religious actors and religious freedom in a Swiss anti-communist research centre. A look at the holdings of the Swiss Eastern Institute and the Swiss Library of Eastern Europe in Bern
- Anne-Emmanuelle Tankam : The WCC Archive Holdings
- Rüdiger Noll, The CEC Archive Holdings
- Marcela Zarubova, The CSCE / OSCE Documentation centre
12:00–13:30 Lunch break
13:30–15:30: Religious networks in support of the CSCE, Helsinki monitoring groups / Religious freedom and anti-communism
Moderation: Stefan Kube and Stéphanie Roulin
- Roland Cerny-Werner: Austria as (Catholic?) Hub in the CSCE Process
- Ville Jalovaara: Test of religious freedom in Finland during CSCE conference
Break: 15 min.
- Nadezhda Beljakova: G2W in International Networks for Religious Freedom behind the Iron Curtain
- Irena Vaišvilaitė: Helsinki groups in Lithuania
Friday 15 Oct. 2021
10:00–11:45: Religious actors and Helsinki monitoring groups and their perspectives (first-hand testimonies and retrospect assessments)
Moderation: Katharina Kunter and Stéphanie Roulin
Dr Marianne von Grünigen, retired Swiss Diplomat and former president of the Swiss Helsinki Association
Rev. Dwain Epps, retired director of the Commission of the Churches on International Affairs (CCIA) by the WCC executive committee
Break: 15 min.
12.00–12.45: Round Table Discussion: Feedback, how further on the way to Helsinki 2025, agreements for next steps.