The University of Regensburg is an innovative campus university with more than 20,000 students. Oriented towards interdisciplinarity, it offers a wide range of research activity and study opportunities for young people both domestic and from abroad. The Research Training Group 2337, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), consists of scholars from the fields of History, Art History, Legal History, Social and Economic history, Early Ecclesiastical History and Patristics, Classical Archaeology, Liturgical Studies, Romance linguistics, Political Science, English Literary and Cultural Studies, and further other associated disciplines and cooperation partners. The Research Training Group focuses on questions concerning the constitution, representation, impact, and transformation of metropolitan cities from the Greco-Roman antiquity towards the threshold of industrialization. We offer
9 positions as PhD Research Assistant (m/f/d)
The part-time contract within the project “Pre-Modern Metropolitanism” (26.065 hours per week) will be limited for a total of 36 months. (§ 2 Abs. 1 WissZeitVG). The salary follows TV-L E 13 (German public service standard).
- Research activity within the DFG-RTG 2337 “Pre-Modern Metropolitanism” at the University of Regensburg
- Authoring a doctoral thesis in one of the disciplines within the RTG
- Contributions to the DFG-RTG´s research and qualification programme. For an English summary, please consult www.go.ur.de/metropolitaet
- An academic degree (masters or equivalent) with outstanding results, preferably in one of the disciplines within the DFG-RTG “Pre-Modern Metropolitanism”
- A sophisticated, original yet compatible exposé for a topically relevant and innovative PhD project, reflecting intensive engagement with the research concept of the DFG-RTG “Pre-Modern Metropolitanism” (3 pages max.)
- A realistic 36 month (3 year) work schedule proving abstraction skills, academic approach, and professional attitude (1 page max.)
- A short working bibliography (state-of-the-art) conforming to the publication standards of your academic discipline (1 page max.)
- High motivation as well as academic and personal ability to act constructively within a diverse team of high-potential junior researchers and faculty
- Excellent analytical and writing skills (upon consultation with your academic advisors, there is the possibility to write and publish the doctoral dissertation in other languages than German)
- A structured PhD programme with transdisciplinary team of outstanding junior rese-archers and faculty (in addition to the PhD position, an affiliation of surplus doctoral associates is possible)
- Dedicated, individual and constructive PhD supervision
- Frequent research colloquia, lecture series, guest lectures, workshops, skill enhancement, and mobility grants for research, conference, and archival travel as well as excursions (your active participation and regular attendance are compulsory)
- Inclusion into an academic network with cooperating institutions and scholars at Regensburg University and worldwide
The University of Regensburg targets to increase the share of women in the work-force. Therefore, qualified females are explicitly encouraged to submit their applications. Moreover, the university advocates for the compatibility of family and career (for further information in German, see http://www.uni-regensburg.de/chancengleich-heit).
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will receive preferential treatment within the hiring procedure. Please refer to your disability status already in your application.
Please note that expenses that may arise in the context of an eventual job interview cannot be reimbursed.
For further queries please contact Professor Jörg Oberste (email: email@example.com / phone: +49 941 943-3536) or Arabella Cortese (email: Arabella.Cortese@ur.de / phone: + 49 941 943-3597). We are looking forward to your detailed application. Please send the documents in one PDF file to Arabella.Cortese@ur.de by January 31, 2023.
Find further information regarding data protection in German at https://www.uni-regensburg.de/verwal-tung/medien/dokumente/datenschutz_stellenausschreibungen.pdf