This issue is concentrating on spaces that are considered monstrous or are themselves capable of producing monstrosity. these spaces can be actual or authored, real or imaginary. Spaces of violence and murder, social taboo, ideological excess and human depravity from the past, present or future. Equally spaces natural or supernatural, earth found or star bound that produce, spawn or inevitably return to monstrosity in all its many human, cultural and temporal forms
The Editors welcome contributions to the journal in the form of articles, reviews, reports, art and/or visual pieces and other forms of submission on the following or related themes:
- Monstrous Landscapes of Conflict: Genocide, battle zones, imprisonment, execution, torture
- Monstrous Environments: Biological experimentation, nuclear fallout, GM crops
- Monstrous Temporalities: Other dimensions, spirit worlds, mythical places
- Monstrous Cosmographies: Outer Space, Alien worlds, Terra Incognita, space craft, parallel universes
- Monstrous Religious Spaces: Hell, Hades, Purgatory, Heaven, Nirvana, Valhalla, Samsara, Paradise
- Monstrous Ideological Spaces: Society, Politics, Difference, Gender, Colonial, Post Colonial, Disabilities
Submissions for this Issue are required by Friday 8th March 2013 at the latest.
Contributions to the journal should be original and not under consideration for other publications at the same time as they are under consideration for this publication. Submissions are to be made electronically wherever possible using either Microsoft® Word or .rtf format.
Contributions are also invited for future issues of the journal which will include: “Monstrous Beauty/ The Beauty of Monstrosity.”
We also invite submission to our special features on Non-English Language Book Reviews. Please mark entries for these topics with their respective headings.
All accepted articles, artworks and prose pieces will receive a free
electronic version of the journal.
Articles – 5,000 – 7,000 words.
Reflections, reports and responses – 1,000 – 3,000 words.
Book reviews – 500 – 4,000 words.
Other forms of contributions such as artworks, photographs, poetry, prose and short stories are welcome.
In the case of visual work and images we ask that all copyrights to publication are either obtained or owned by the author/artist
Send submissions via e-mail using the following Subject Line:
‘Journal: Contribution Type (article/review/…): Author Surname’
Submissions E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Submissions will be acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt.